You’re planning an eco friendly baby shower and want to go green, but you’re not sure where to start. Don’t worry, we’re here to help! And we will even share some ideas for eco-friendly baby gifts!
Why Have an Eco-Friendly Baby Shower?
You might be wondering why you should consider throwing an eco-friendly baby shower. Aren’t all baby showers eco-friendly?
Actually, no. A traditional baby shower is all about wastefulness. You’ll probably end up with mountains of disposable diapers, wipes, and napkins, not to mention all the plasticware that gets used once and then tossed in the garbage.
Throwing a green baby shower is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment, and it’s also a great way to celebrate your new arrival in an eco-friendly way.
How to Choose a Green Theme for Your Baby Shower
When you’re planning an eco-friendly baby shower, the first step is to choose a theme. And luckily, there are plenty of great options to choose from.
If you want a simple and elegant theme, go with nature-inspired colors like green, blue, and white. You can also decorate with flowers, leaves, and other natural elements.
If you’re looking for something more whimsical, consider a baby shower based on your favorite children’s book. There are tons of adorable ideas out there, from using felt cut-outs to make a whimsical woodland forest to serving up organic snacks in compostable packaging.
No matter what theme you choose, make sure to use recycled or sustainable materials whenever possible. For example, use cloth napkins instead of disposable ones, or choose bamboo plates and cups instead of plastic.
Tips for Planning an Eco-Friendly Baby Shower
Here are a few tips for planning an eco-friendly baby shower:
1. Choose a venue that is environmentally friendly. This could include a park, botanical garden, or farm.
2. Serve organic food and beverages.
3. Use eco-friendly party supplies, such as plates, cups, napkins, and forks made from bamboo or other sustainable materials.
4. Have guests bring their own reusable water bottles instead of using disposable plastic water bottles.
5. Don’t use helium balloons; instead, use biodegradable latex balloons or paper lanterns.
6. Place a waste bin next to the trash can to encourage guests to recycle their waste properly.
How to Choose Eco-Friendly Baby Gifts
When it comes to choosing eco-friendly baby gifts, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First of all, think about the materials the gift is made of. If it’s not recyclable or biodegradable, then it’s probably not the best choice.
Second, consider the packaging. Is it made from recycled material? Or is it reusable?
Finally, think about how the gift will be used. If it’s something that will end up in the landfill, like most disposable diapers, then it’s not really eco-friendly after all.
But if you take the time to choose wisely, you can find some great green gifts for babies and parents-to-be.
What to Avoid When Planning an Eco-Friendly Baby Shower
When planning your eco-friendly baby shower, there are a few things to avoid. For starters, try not to use too much paper. Opt for recycled or bamboo products whenever you can.
And don’t go crazy with the plastic. Choose biodegradable plates, cups, and cutlery instead. If you can find a way to avoid using any plastic at all, that would be ideal.
Another thing to avoid is using too many balloons. Helium is not a sustainable resource, and it’s bad for the environment. So try to stick to decorations that are made from natural materials like flowers and leaves.
Eco Friendly Baby Shower Games
Here are a few fun eco-friendly baby shower games that will help get the party started:
1. Pass the parcel: This game is a classic and can be eco-friendly by wrapping the gifts in recycled paper.
2. Baby pool: This game is played like bingo, but with pictures of babies instead of numbers.
3. Guess the weight: Weigh the baby clothes and have guests guess how much they weigh.
4. Who said that? Play a game of charades with baby-related words.
5. Baby naming game: Guests take turns naming as many babies as they can in one minute.
Throw an eco-friendly baby shower by choosing earth-friendly invitations, decorating with green plants and flowers, and serving organic food. You can also give eco-friendly baby gifts, such as sustainable toys and clothes made from organic materials.